This past May after asking to see my Shaadi.com profile, my brother thought it was a bit "too SmileMoon," so he came up with the plan to compete with me (via IndianDating) by creating his own version of my profile & we would see who got contacted more. Thankfully, he realized he didn't have the time to actually compete, so he just asked for my user ID & password & whether he could "tweak" my profile. 3 new pics & a "whoa, what happened to SmileMoon?!" later, I had a completely new & PAID profile; I almost died at the latter part (I was of the "I'm-a-girl-on-Shaadi-so-don't-have-to-pay" mentality; in fact, in my 30 years of life, it was my first time getting mad at my brother. True story). However, go figure, the next day & every day onwards I got contacted more than I ever had before! Ugh... losing without even competing is the worst...
As for my father, he has been "involved" in every awkward way imaginable... from maneuvering me across dance floors & then spinning me into some guy "SmileMoon, this is..." to calling me up for food (while I was hiding away in the basement during some "Kitty Party") & introducing me to an Auntie with "Beta, this is Radha Auntie. She has 29 year old single son." Awesome. My parents are very open to me dating non-Indian (white guys specifically b/c it has become the accepted norm in our community) so Daddy sponsored an E-harmony membership for me earlier this year. & just last week, he sent me the most depressing e-mail about his lack of sleep over my lack-o-shaadi & how "if he had stayed in India he would have grandkids by now" & woah nelly, did I almost lose it. :-P
I know it might sound like I’m poking fun at my family, but I promise you that there is no unlove for their efforts; I understand & more than appreciate what they have done & continue to do because their intentions come from a place of love & wanting to see me happily settled. I’m sure if I was the older married sibling, I’d be on a personal mission to help make the same happen for my younger sibling & when I have kids of my own, I know I’ll wish the same for them. So, this post is really truly just a big THANK YOU to the powers that be for giving me such great friends & family who have & will do everything they can for me – whether it comes to finding me my jeevan saathi or anything in between.
With lots of love to all of them,
SmileMoon

I think your brother and parents do qualify as 'seriously looking by behavior!'
ReplyDelete:)
when you are truly ready, it will happen
ReplyDelete