Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Seriously looking & open to something new...? Get to know Vijay Uncle

Hi everyone, so if you read my very first post, you know about "Vijay Uncle."  Its pretty funny because ever since coming back from NetIP Toronto, I have been asked "who the heck is Vijay Uncle & why are you obsessed with him?" & told that I seem to officially be into much older men.  Well, I hope I explained who he is in the first post & as much as I heart Vijay Uncle, it's just not like that people! 

However, just incase... Vijay Uncle is a retired surgeon who has made it his life's mission to help fix whatever issues (it apparent that we have them) with our finding a "life partner" & make the process far easier. He is the most "with it" person you'll meet who is your parents' age & if you remember the "why buy the cow when you give the milk away for free" comment, he certainly doesn't think or talk like any uncle you know!  Uncle has been a keynote speaker at the past 4 NetIP conferences & stayed up until 7 in the morning speaking with attendees at the recent NetIP conference; I was one of them & woah, was that an experience.

Anywho, Vijay Uncle is recruiting individuals who are really serious about finding someone & who are open to a completely new dating-to-get-married process.  If you participate (& I plan on participating & girlfriends of mine are participating as well; however, not surprising at all, the # of girls far outweighs the guys right now), just make sure that you are really serious & not of the game playing mentality.  You are at the place in your life where you do not need years to figure out whether someone is the right one & you are willing to make the effort, ask the right questions, etc. to come to that determination far sooner.

I really challenge the guys to put themselves out there; not only are the odds in your favor, but (& this is for everyone - male & female alike) THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with saying that you are "seriously looking."  As Vijay Uncle says, it is more likely that there is likely something wrong with you if you say that you are not.  It is OKAY & in fact, really normal & natural, to say (& if not say, just feel) that you want to be "settled," married, & on the path to eventually having children.  This is far less about what we want & more about evolution & the natural way of human history.  & I've always personally been so confused when & why it became the most embarrassing, weird thing to say you feel that way.

So please, put whatever perceived embarrassment aside, tell your friends about Vijay Uncle's mission & if you are interested in getting involved as a "Serious Looker," please add "VijayUncle Mehta" as a friend on Facebook.

I leave you with this... almost 900 desi people attended this past NetIP conference most in their late 20s, early 30s & late 30s... 99% of them were single... all of them were moved by Vijay Uncle & agreed with what he was saying...  however, only 5 people are currently participating in his program as "Seriously Looking."  Yep, we definitely have some issues.... :-P

K, well, I hope to see you on there & write soon ~ SmileMoon :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SM. Those who are interested in understanding what I am talking about can go to How serious are you?
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=165068855287
    Invitation to join one of the albums
    http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=169266955287
    or listen to my presentation at Net IP 2005 & Net IP 2006 at
    http://vijayuncle.mypodcast.com/
    Shahara1 TV is going to have an episode on Sunday 5:30 PM or so on their 'Didi Says, let us talk" show.

    Basically I am looking for those young Desi men and women who are tired of playing 'I am in a relationship' game for years only to find out that it was not meant to be. If you are one of those please contact me at Vijayvip@aol.com

    Thank you.

    Vijayuncle (first name) Mehta (last name) on Face book

    ReplyDelete
  2. constructively honestJanuary 18, 2010 at 12:34 AM

    I am very curious as to how this will turn out. There will need to be some serious deprogramming of people's minds!

    ReplyDelete