The surveys are completely anonymous (I promise that there is no way for me to track you) & for the second survey (courtesy longtime blog friend, RS - thank you!), if you do not feel like entering your name, feel free to just enter your initials.
Being South Asian is not required to participate & both the statistical error (I'm not really quite sure if that's relevant to this survey, but I wanted to try to sound smart. Shoot, just messed that up w/ this side thought...) & I would so appreciate it if you can please pass these surveys along to your friends & family - you can share a link to this blog post on your Facebook page or send a direct link to the survey(s) of your choice to all your homies & homettes via e-mail! The more answers we get the better!
* SINGLES (not seriously dating anyone) ONLY SURVEY * - To my cousins/friends in India, please only respond if you live in a Metro area, are actually able to date & won't be having an arranged marriage!
Female - http://www.surveymonkey.com/
Male - http://www.surveymonkey.com/ s/YX7BVH5
* IF YOU'VE BEEN IN ANY KIND OF SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP INCLUDING MARRIAGE, then... *
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LSCHWGJ
I know some folks are not thrilled with people like me & Vijay Uncle speaking so openly & matter of factly about this topic & whether it be through our posts or comments from them, that certain elements of the dating game are being discussed or "exposed." (For those of you have been reading, you all remember the craziness that ensued after "Getting her #, but not calling it." Woah nelly).
* IF YOU'VE BEEN IN ANY KIND OF SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP INCLUDING MARRIAGE, then... *
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LSCHWGJ
I know some folks are not thrilled with people like me & Vijay Uncle speaking so openly & matter of factly about this topic & whether it be through our posts or comments from them, that certain elements of the dating game are being discussed or "exposed." (For those of you have been reading, you all remember the craziness that ensued after "Getting her #, but not calling it." Woah nelly).
The reality of the situation is that there is a significant number of really (or at least seemingly) great people in their late 20's to late 30's who are all profoundly single and seemingly unable to get it together on the relationship front. In spite of most of us saying we all want to find that "special somebody," we continue to do the same things and engage in the same behaviors that we've been doing & engaging in for the past 10 to even 20 years expecting different results, and the majority of singles insist that the problem is outside themselves ("All desi guys/girls are...)"
I really hope these surveys will shed some light on the inner workings of our-generation singles - South Asian or not - as well as those who are currently in successful relationships, & I hope to be able to present this information to you in a meaningful way in the future.
SURVEY DEADLINE: JULY 16, 2010
Thanks for reading & for those who take the survey, since I accidentally opted out of the "Thank you" page (you will be redirected right back to my blog - it feels a bit harsh :-P), an extra dose of gratitude w/ an e-hug for you!
Write soon ~ SmileMoon :)
I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am just very, very curious. - Albert Einstein

3rd link (serious relationship link) not working --- takes me to http://www.surveymonkey.com/Default.aspx
ReplyDeletesorry about that! copying & pasting the link looked all funky for some reason & i forgot the lil' s while re-typing. thank you for letting me know!
ReplyDeleteI thought you would find this interesting:
ReplyDeletehttp://advice.eharmony.com/?page=slideshows/view&slideshow=7
why even have a survey? It's all about looks anyways.
ReplyDelete